

It's always a treat to have 15 people in the house + no hot water + flood... that was our Christmas Day (late night) and Boxing Day morning! Our tankless hot water heater somehow got too cold and resulted in no hot water. My brother and I went down to 'trouble shoot' so looked at the manual and he unplugged it. It had gone down to 10 degrees and as soon as it was plugged in again, it reset itself back to normal and I had hot water almmost right away. However... the warm temperature also caused frozen pipes/valves to crack and around 2am when my bro went to bed, he found serious leakage!!! He turned it off and at 8am I had to call the plumbing & heating company to come doctor it up - just the call you want at 8am on Boxing Day eh? They were here by 9:30am with a brand new tank. This one has a sensor in it so if it ever gets too cold, it will sense it and kick in to heat it up again... that's what I understood it to be anyways! Thankfully we haven't been in the house for a year yet and are still covered under warranty!
My dad pulled back the carpet and underlay and wet-vac'd up as much water as he could... a heater is on 24/7 now as we dry everything up. Other than some hardwood that was being stored right below the tank, nothing was really damaged - just a bit water logged and providing it dries out properly, all should be well!
3 comments:
Wow - brutal! But glad ou weew home to catch the mess before it spread too far! Were home now too and the grandparents hot water tank broke on them too - just as they were arriving home, so they could deal with the mess.
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!
Is it dry enough to put the carpet down now?
ps- there were 15 people...
Yeah I guess 6 plus 9 does equal 15! I always have said that I had 9 extras for Christmas but then I say 14 people when I talk about everyone together! duhhh - my bad! I'll correct it!
Post a Comment