Saturday, April 17, 2010

sunny saturday...

It's a GORGEOUS sunny Saturday morning here! Hopefully we can get outside later on... Miles is at the office getting some new computers hooked up and I need to get some cleaning done (story of my life)! But - first thing this morning I headed to my craft room & made a couple cards. I'm hoping to get to a 90th birthday party at the church, this afternoon, for a dear sweet lady "Pearl" - she is also my secret sister this year (shhh - don't tell her) so that makes this occasion even more special. She has requested no gifts, so have made her a card from my family but will pick her up a plant & have written in a store-bought card from her secret sister :) Unfortunately, right before Christmas she had a stroke so I haven't seen her in months!
The next card is for a couple who hosted a BBQ last summer (in our area). They are friends of friends and we hadn't met them until showing up on their doorstep! Apparently it's an annual thing! Anyways, they supplied the burgers, buns etc and everyone else brought dessert, chips, salad, you name it... I brought a wheat salad and it was a complete hit with the host, so I promised to give them the recipe which I am doing now... ahem only half a year later! Will give them some wheat & I have a couple of the non-perishable items that I'll put in a little basket or something :)


'Nintey years with a cherry on top'... I love this DP and couldn't think for the life of my what the exact colours in it were, so used old olive and purely pomegrant (retired) since I had some ribbon too but... half way through my project I realized that the colour I was trying to figure out is this years 'In Color' Rich Razzleberry! The other colour was Orchid Opulence and I think I used Pale Plum - the DP is 'Cottage Wall' & had I remembered that it is current, I could have figured it all out ahead of time! Oh well - I'm sure Pearl won't be complaining :) The stamp set is also current and is called 'On a Pedestal'

While at their home, I noticed they had a 'country chicken kitchen' so thought this Country Morning set (Level One Hostess) was perfect for my thank you card! Kraft, Real Red and Chocolate Chip... this will be a great watercolour set but I just used markers and left it pretty plain
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
WHEAT SALAD RECIPE
Bring one cup of wheat to a boil, turn off heat, cover and let sit overnight
Mix together: (day of)
1 - 8oz package of cream cheese
1 - 14oz can crushed pineapple
1 package instant vanilla pudding
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 container Cool Whip
Cooked Wheat

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I love that wheat salad!
The cards are great!! So, do you think your 90year old friend reads your blog? The secret might be out of the bag if she's a big blogsurfer :)

Louise said...

Highly doubtful that Pearl uses a computer let alone surfs the web! If so... all the more power to her :)

Rachel H. said...

Lou - your cards are getting amazing! Very pretty...

Anonymous said...

Love the cards...g