Friday, January 23, 2009

Tire Repair

I think it was right before Christmas & it was colder than cold... and one of our tires kept needing air. Finally after going to the air pump a few times (very cold - just wanted to emphasize that) we decided that we had probably picked up a nail or a screw from all the new construction. That was indeed the problem. Anyways, Miles called to see if he could get the truck in & if they could do it ASAP while I waited, because I had four little kids with me. We ended up being there for close to two hours I think, and while the boys were good, it did get to be a bit tiring after while.... I finally let a very squirmy Cole out of his stroller so he could walk around the table, but that too, got 'old' after awhile and he started crawling to new adventures! I KNOW that is disgusting in an industrial shop but I figured I'd just wash his hands right away and all would be good. However... he started crawling into one of the offices so I grabbed him quickly and realized that what he was just about to reach for (inside the door, behind the desk) was a mouse trap! EEEWWWWW! OK - everyone's hands washed... no more sitting, crawling, anything on the floor! Whew! It was a LONG wait....



Cole perched on some tires beside me so he couldn't crawl around...

The boys patiently waiting... and waiting... and waiting...








3 comments:

Katie and Scott said...

Hey welcome back to the Blog World - looking forward to a house update...when you have time : )

Sarah said...

So funny! I remember talking to you while you were in that tire shop... and I think even at the time that Cole just about got his fingers snapped. They say (and I often do, too) that "time flies" but in times like this, it sure seems to move slowly, eh?!! 2 hours can seem like an eternity!

Anonymous said...

You've got the tire fixed...
we are waiting patiently,and
patiently and patiently for
you to update your blog... :)g