Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A little festive fun

With all the hype of 'Going Green' lately, I decided to be resourceful in my own way... mixing colours that is!!! It all started with making something green for St. Patrick's Day dessert and then turned into a full-fledged GREEN supper! The boys thought it was great and my hubby thought it was a little 'over the top' and was kinda "weirded out by green mashed potatoes", as he put it! I also had parent teacher interviews at the school and all is going well. The boys both brought home great report cards last week! Way to go!


Dessert (the best part) - Lime Jello & Pistashio Pudding

The Entree - looks bizarre but tasted 'normal' (green salad, peas, green mashed potatoes & chives, ham with green crushed pineapple - we apparently mastered four different shades of green too!)

Our beverage from a green bottle - all that I had on hand!

Ethan (I love, love, LOVE his freckles!)

Jackson - face painting from school (our dimple child!)

Typical Liam :)



Coley and his Jello

A 17 month-old and Jello... what more can I say?!









8 comments:

Anonymous said...

very good Louise...
What a good mom...I'll bet the
little boys loved it...:)g

Crystal said...

That is great, way to be festive! The desert looks yummy too!!!

Ara said...

Wow, that looks fun! I made shepards pie last night, and had read about your mashed potatoes, and asked my kids if I should dye the potatoes green, they didn't go for it :( Glad you had fun, AND got it all on film!! Great Mommy Moment!!

Robyn Jones said...

That's awesome...we just did green cupcakes and some green coloring for this year...Maybe next year we will get creative...

Louise said...

Next year, I'll probably just stick with dessert!

Ara - I told Miles I was gonna make sherherd pie tonight with all the leftovers :) I'm not... more of a threat!

Katie and Scott said...

That is very cool, Lou -- so wrong but whatever makes the kids eat dinner, right?? We'll have to save that tip for when we need it!

Sarah said...

You are the funnest mom ever! I am going to copy you next year!!

Sarah said...

Steve was very disturbed by this post... he should leave his own comment, but he said he didn't want to come to your house on St. Patty's day!!! I think this was awesome!!