Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Camping Memories... Phase Three

August 6th to 11th, just 2.5 days after getting home from family camp, we packed up and headed out camping again... this time our destination was Kenosee Lake and we went with two other families from church. Despite the first two full days being quite wet, we had a great time and didn't let the dampness slow us down! Thankfully we brought the tent/canopy to place over the picnic table and that served to keep us dry for meals & allowed us to play games etc! When the sun finally decided to shine, we took advantage of the beach, waterslides, minigolf & ice cream shoppe! The craziest thing was when we were driving there, we stopped in a small town, looking for a butcher shop... I had told Miles ahead of time that this is where 'Rita' is from (a lady we knew from BC) and she comes out almost every summer. Well driving down the small town street, who did we see walking on the sidewalk but Rita & a friend. Miles pulled the trailer over when we eventually found a big enough spot to park and then found Rita in the Co-Op... she was pretty surprised & then came down the street to see us & I was even able to wish her a Happy Birthday for the next day :) I also had a nostalgic memory... on one of our last days, there was this 'SMELL' that totally reminded me of my grandparents home in the woods. However when I realized that the smell was actually a mix of my un-bathed camping trailer-mates, mixed together with clothing that stunk of campfire, I had to wonder if it was good nostalgia :)

Liam & Bennett - they're pretty wet but not letting the weather slow down their fun!

Trying to take a picture of my VERY dirty Liam & he thought that jumping in the air would be a good pose - with a stick in hand of course!

DIRT :)

Rain, rain go away.... (you can see it dripping off the awning - we're also trying to keep our firewood dry!)

Proof that I was there :)

Mini Golf

(Liam) See the blue coil?

... well Cole walked through it...

... then when he sat down & said 'whee' I figured out that he thought it was a slide!

Waterslides... didn't take many pictures here because I actually went in and floated around the 'moat' with the boys. Miles took the older two on the bigger slides & Liam even tried a couple runs - he ended up being quite content with the kiddie pool & slides though :)

I took Cole to the park, while the others were mini-golfing, just to stay in the shade

At the beach - Jackson & Miles tossing a football (he later told me, "Mom, I love you and dad VERY much but I like playing with dad better & doing boy things like playing football! Is that OK?" Absolutely!)

Coley borrowing Hunter's car

The boys (our friends have three boys)

Beach fun

Perfecting marshmallow roasting... mmmm!

Lots of help carrying firewood :)

Cole and Hunter while the mom's get supper ready :)

ZZZZZ - he refused to nap on the first two days but just couldn't make it through the day without a snooze!

5 comments:

Ara said...

aww, i love the picture of cole in the high chair asleep, priceless!! Great pictures of course, looks like you had fun!!

Robyn Jones said...

Looks like you had lots of fun!

Sarah said...

I love Jackson's comment about doing boy things!!! Too cute!

Anonymous said...

I was going to leave the same
comment as Sarah...
trust Jackson ...always
from the heart eh. g

Katie and Scott said...

Great post, Lou! And who's the master marshmellow maker - impressive!