Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Camping Memories... Phase Two

The boys' and I just got back from a week of family camp, on the beautiful (and sometimes green) shores of Last Mountain Lake, SK. This is the fourth year we've gone and had a great week, as always... good services, great weather, fun on the beach, visiting with friends etc! On the two not-so-beach-friendly-days, I went to a jewellery party at one of the private cabins & also did a scavenger hunt with the boys :)

AT THE TRAILER:

Liam blowing bubbles under the trailer

Cole checking out the spilled popcorn... this little 'Tot Spot' chair used to be Ethan's but as more little brothers came along, it keeps getting handed down! One day, when all the chairs were stashed under the trailer, Cole dug through them all to find 'HIS' chair :)

I tried to get a nice picture of them all in a row, but Cole didn't sit for long enough!

Behind the trailer were bushes of Saskatoon berries & the boys continuously picked them, so that they'd have enough to eat berries with ice cream!

Right outside the trailer one day, the activity was 'human bowling' the pins were set up earlier but by the time Ethan headed out, it was just a fun 'slip n slide'
AT THE BEACH:

Borrowing someone's truck....

Perfect size :)

Boy (noun): 'A noise with dirt on it'

So much fun....

all the boys

MORE TRAILER:

One day, after the beach, I put this bowl out for the boys to rinse their feet off - Cole took it a step further... (he was so determined to SIT in it!)

'BamBam' decided to attach one of the trailer load leveling bars to the stroller & pushed it around! They are quite HEAVY!!!

MEALTIMES:

By the dining hall, there was a row of daisy-type flowers that grow like weeds (I've seen a lot along the side of the highway lately) and it made for a great spot for the boys to run behind...

Cole loved to play peek-a-boo here too...

Then if mom visits for too long after lunch, we like to wander down here & play (Lindsey was watching us)

Note how GREEN the water is here! Our usual beach was a bit better!

4 comments:

Ara said...

Great pictures, i love the ones of cole sitting the truck, and bowl! He's going to be another Liam I think!
Thanks for sharing these pictures, that the biggest thing I am going to miss about FB. Have fun in Kenose! Let me know how the pool is, I haven't heard good things in the past!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the pictures.
I tried leaving a comment
earlier but my computer
was frozen all morning.
You looked like you had so
much fun...no wonder Liam
wants to live camping.
g

Katie and Scott said...

Awesome memories, Lou! The boys look like they had such a great time.

Sarah said...

Great holiday pics! Love the one of Cole in the "tub!" And Cole on the dump truck, too. Looks like all the boys had fun! What did you make at the jewelery party? Are you going to post that project?