Saturday, October 17, 2009

pARRRRty time...

Here's some pictures from Jackson's 6th birthday party - a pirate theme... we just invited two other families, who both have all boys, making the total to 11 boys (ages 8 yrs and under). We were going to BBQ something but then E&J both ended up having hockey in the afternoon, so ordering pizza worked for me :) Being that it is October and close to Halloween, I thought it might be fun to have a costume party too - everyone did bring costumes but it was so hot with them all running around that it didn't last!



The cake - I used a Wilton cake pan and sort of followed the pattern - sort of did my own thing!

Blow!!!... not really fair that the candles are split up :)

Birthday boy

Ethan

Each family had a gingerbread haunted house to decorate (thankfully they came pre-assembled)

Home Haunted Home...

Our creation

Cupcakes - there were some cute wrappers with flags that I couldn't pass up, so made some cupcakes too! The faces are made from sugar cookies that I iced

Yay! Cole cheering for himself - like Ethan said last week, "who needs TV when you can watch this crazy clown!?" He's got a real little sense of humour already :)

Cole gets some official birthday candles too! Arrrr! (looking pleased that daddy blew them out for him - he didn't even try!)

Mmmmm - Black icing is always best!

Balloons

My bargain!!! I went into Michael's because I knew they had some pirate stuff, only to find it all at the front door on clearance! 25 cents for each package - plates, napkins, banner, decorations, goodie bags... you know how I heart sales!!!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Love your pics! Didn't see that one of Ethan before with his big pirate earring... hilarious!