This weekened we headed out to the Craven Country Jamboree for Saturday & Sunday's performances. On Saturday we saw: Ronnie Milsap, The Road Hammers, Gretchen Wilson and the finale of Big & Rich. On Sunday we saw: (the end of) Aaron Lines, Carolyn Dawn Johnson, Carrie Underwood and Reba McEntire. I've gotta say it was WAY more packed than when we went out two years ago to see Tim McGraw etc (in the pouring rain) and I still stand firm on my beliefs that wearing a bikini is a "privelege... not a right!" AND "speedos" should be BANNED altogether! Oh my!!!! The campground 'sites' were also an interesting 'sight' and I'm sure MANY will be using the line, "What happens in Craven... STAYS in Craven..."
We had a good time with Murray & Jannelle and Chrystal & Brent... some music was good... others gave us an excuse to go walk around for a bit!!! And the sun shone this year, so that was a bonus... a little on the hot side for this prego-non-bikini-body at times but definitely manageable! Thanks to these couples being campers, we were able to leave our lawnchairs with them and they got us all some great seats for Sunday, which ended up being a sold-out event!!!!

Carrie Underwood - up close on the runway!
Reba McEntire - up close on the runway!
Reba on the big stage...





6 comments:
Wow -- some great photos -- nice work! Sounds like a great weekend and fun stories!
And Speedos should be banned!
Oh I would have LOVED to have been there. I gave a bit of a review of my own on my blog... hope you don't mind :)
LOVE IT!! GREAT pics too!! That would've been a FUN weekend! I am feeling a little of Sarah's jealousy...I can't lie! Glad you had a great time!
Wow - long time no blog...what you doing?!
Lou's computer is down... I am sure she'll be bloggin' again soon!!!
Great pics! Speedos huh? YEUCH!
Post a Comment