Monday, November 8, 2010

Trick or Treat

Despite the controversies surrounding Halloween, we have chosen to treat it as a fun, costume & candy night, hanging out with friends! This was the first year trick or treating in our neighbourhood. Last year was so muddy & windy, that we went back to our old 'hood! Our friends joined us with their three little boys & a neighbour boy tagged along with our group too. The mom's stayed home to hand out loot, while the dad's & boys set out to collect more than we ever needed! We couldn't have asked for a nicer evening either. On Saturday we went to our local rink for a Halloween skate - the boys wore their costumes and all got goodie bags.

Ethan drawing on a face (his hair is already done for his Dracula costume 0 wish I had picked up some coloured gel but just used face paint... not great but who cares!)

E&J hauling out guts


I LOVE Liam's face :)

Our friends - having a pumpkin faceoff! (Mel is due ASAP!)

... next year there will be EIGHT little boys! Get out baby!

Cole heading out & roaring for anyone who requested!

Some of our trick or treaters - church friends who just moved around the corner! They are crazy & we love them anyways! :)

Luigi & Mario (the little guy I babysit)

We had a pumpkin stencil but it was a bit small, so I attempted freehand... they're bats if you can't tell!

Ethan & Jackson's creation - E did the top with such tiny zig zags that it wouldn't come off, so I had to go bigger and the top was pretty much a diaster but we just sat it on like an angled hat and all was good! This one got smashed in the night so the boys were a bit sad but little did they know that both were going in the dumpster on Wednesday anyways!

Our loot... no shortage

Our 'sorted' loot - have to remove the peanut butter items

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That top picture of Ethan could be YOU when you were a kid... just add some long hair, and he's your mini-me. Do you see it? I don't always see it in him, but in that picture I sure do!