Wednesday, April 4, 2007

The Elephant's Child

On Monday night, Ethan's school did a Spring performance called "The Elephant's Child". A cute little story situated in the jungles of Africa. Some of the older students were the main characters... elephants, monkeys, a snake, panther, birds & crocodile, while the rest of the students dressed in camoflauge, black, brown, green or cream and were the choir... singing and doing actions. Ethan did ALL the actions and it was good to see that he was even more involved than at the Christmas production! I guess it's all about growing up! The jist of the story was about how the elephant got it's trunk... the crocodile snapped it & had a tug-o-war with the poor elephant and eventually the trunk got longer! So now you know! (*wink*) For some reason, in this school gym, I cannot get decent light quality. I've lightened the pics up a bit but this is as good as it gets!

Looking very serious as they try to locate where their families are sitting!

Doing actions!

3 comments:

Beautifully Mended said...

Awwww...I love children's productions...kinda makes me feel like teaching again :) Ethan looks adorable...he is getting so big! It is amazing the jump that the kids make in just a few short months of school! My Spring Concerts required a lot more from the kiddies than Christmas did! Time sure does fly eh? Hopefully we will be able to hang out while you are in Victoria...would love to see you guys :)

Suzette said...

He really does look so grown up!! I think it is cute that he was seriously focusing on his part!! What a cutie! Have fun in Victoria. We aren't going this time but I am sure your social calendar will be FULL :)

Island Girl said...

"Elephant's Child" is one of my favourite children's stories. I don't know if they put it in the play, but in the book there's a lot about spanking. Poor elephant's child was always being spanked by his relatives but after his trunk was elongated he got his revenge and spanked them all himself. Too funny.