We got home from our week and a half trip to BC, LATE Sunday night. We had a great trip and it was so good to see family and numerous friends (you know who you are), after not being out there since Christmas 2005. Somedays we were tourists and some days we just relaxed! Thanks for everything Grammie & Papa!
Liam was my biggest challenge on the flight home. He was pretty good from Victoria to Calgary but on the Calgary to home flight, he put on "the brakes" and had no intention of even getting on the plane! He was sooo tired that he was delirious and getting more miserable by the minute. Once in the vehicle though, he fell fast asleep and didn't even flinch when I carried him to bed, took off his shoes, changed him etc - he was out for the night! In the morning, he stirred for a bit and then went back to sleep. When he awoke, he was so content to be in his own crib and chatting to his blankets, that I left him until about 12:30pm! He happily went down for a nap again at 3pm and then at bedtime, he was more than willing once again... as soon as I said, "bed & bottle" he was pulling me up the stairs! Crazy kid! His sleep habits, while away, were NOT impressive so it's a relief to see that he's somewhat back to normal! Yay for sleep!
Liam was my biggest challenge on the flight home. He was pretty good from Victoria to Calgary but on the Calgary to home flight, he put on "the brakes" and had no intention of even getting on the plane! He was sooo tired that he was delirious and getting more miserable by the minute. Once in the vehicle though, he fell fast asleep and didn't even flinch when I carried him to bed, took off his shoes, changed him etc - he was out for the night! In the morning, he stirred for a bit and then went back to sleep. When he awoke, he was so content to be in his own crib and chatting to his blankets, that I left him until about 12:30pm! He happily went down for a nap again at 3pm and then at bedtime, he was more than willing once again... as soon as I said, "bed & bottle" he was pulling me up the stairs! Crazy kid! His sleep habits, while away, were NOT impressive so it's a relief to see that he's somewhat back to normal! Yay for sleep!
Making playdough piggies with Grammie





5 comments:
Glad you made it home safely; sorry Liam was acting up. But good to be home for all of them I'm sure. It was SOOOO great to see you; I can't believe it's been that long.
wow, I didn't realize it was 2005 the last time you were out... guess it doesn't seem that long because we came your way in between. Great to see you! Glad you're home safely.
I am glad you are home safe & sound. You are so brave to tackle travelling with 3 kids!! You're amazing!!
Louise...it was so nice to see you and the boys...they are adorable! So sorry the flight was crazy... but good on you girl...3 boys on a plane for that long...I agree with Suz...you ROCK!!!
You were in Calgary for a layover & didn't call!?! haha - just kidding, sounds like you had enough trouble @ the airport, you didn't need me to be a distraction! Glad you had such a great visit in BC.
Post a Comment