Friday, September 7, 2007

Carnival

Last Saturday, I took the kids around the corner to the Apostolic Church carnival - a great way to celebrate September!!! Here are a couple highlights, in addition to hotdogs, popcorn, pop and suckers!!!


This was one of those big air slides - you climbed up one side & slide down the other. The kids all cooperated and lined up to take their turn but Liam was so quick, he'd slide down and whip right back up again before we could catch him! There was a grandma 'manning the station' & I got a kick out of watching her trying to explain to him that he had to line-up... I wasn't going up after him! I did grab him when I could and held him in line... then he'd stay up at the top and think it was hilarious to watch the other kids go down but every now & then we'd have them give him a little push!!!


Ethan rode these horses last year but this was Jackson's first horse-ride (ever) I think. He wanted to go but not by himself, whereas Ethan would have rathered to be on his own! Thankfully he tolerated his little bro, who had a death grip on him at first but eased off as time passed & he relaxed!

Ethan on his own finally - he picked the brown horse

Jackson on his own with much more confidence than the first ride!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

that is so awesome! those are big horses, too, not just little ponies. you've got a couple of little cowboys on your hands!! guess you have to expect that being on the prairies!