Thursday, September 20, 2007

Not MIA...

No worries.... I'm not missing in action! I've had an incredible cold/cough that's been going on for almost two weeks now and have been feeling downright miserable. At my doctor's appointment today though, he granted drugs so I'm a happy camper.... if they work that is! Also, my computer decided to crash on me again so I'm back to the good 'ol laptop which isn't my favourite!

On a more positive note... Jackson is LOVING preschool and I'm sure would be thrilled if he could go every day! Yesterday, he went on his first field trip to the pumpkin patch and was so excited to ride on a school bus and bring home a pumpkin! Ethan is a gem and always asks, "how did school go today Jackson? What did you do?" Ethan has no school tomorrow, due to 'goal-setting' conferences, so we get to go and meet his teacher. I've talked to the principal re: catching the bus and I guess they informed her that it was a definite 'no' - bummer! She did tell me though that she thinks Ethan enjoys school because he's always smiling and seems happy. Bonus! He's also never once complained about or even mentioned the full school days - for kindergarten he just went half days. In the mornings, he's always anxious to get out the door and asks 100 times, "am I gonna be late?" (his biggest worry) On that note... it's time to go and pick him up!

4 comments:

Katie and Scott said...

Hi Lou -- sorry you've been sick! That's never fun, but I guess it's part of going back to school and the germs that come with it. Get better soon & happy to hear you don't have to use school slogans on your kids -- i.e. "Be cool, Stay in School!"

Robyn Jones said...

Hope you are feeling better soon...it sucks to be sick...especially when your prego....

Rachel H. said...

It will soon all be over Lou. Can't wait to hear about that day when it gets here.

Funny about Ethan worrying about being late - that is my kids WORST nightmare! Hurry Mum or we'll get a late slip!

Sarah said...

Glad that Ethan and Jackson both love school. My boys are in BSF Kids and they can't wait to go back on Thursday! Makes it a lot nicer to send them when you know they are having fun!