Sunday, September 9, 2007

Ethan's party

Last night, we had Ethan's 6th birthday party at the bowling alley! It was a little chaotic for me but I think the kids had fun! Originally when Miles told me he was going to be away for the weekend, he gave me a different date, otherwise I probably would not have attempted this on my own!!! Secondly, with or without Miles' help, I probably would do this differently next time... like maybe have a party at home and take TWO kids bowling - not twelve of them, ages six and under! Thankfully a few other parents stayed and helped out, so all went well for the most part.

I love the 'action' in this picture - everyone doing their own thing!

Opening gifts and getting spoiled BIG time!

Ethan with his cake (and wearing part of a new pirate costume!)

Jackson watching his ball roll down the lane..... all the kids rolled their balls painfully slow :)

Ethan bowling

The melting pirate cake! I had great intentions of making some adorable pirate cupcakes but time was running out so we called on Safeway for help in this dept!!!!

4 comments:

Katie and Scott said...

We are huge fans of Bowling Birthday parties! Looks like everyone had fun -- nice work!

Grammie said...

The pictures are great...especially
the first one...FUN

Sarah said...

Fun party! Scott and Todd want to go to another one of your kids' b-day parties... didn't take them long to figure out that Auntie Louise knows how to throw a great party!!!!

You are so brave to do this single handedly. But at least a few parents stayed to help... but still! I think your idea of just 2 kids next time is a good one!

Sarah said...

Hey, I know that cake!! Our gross sea monster was more greyish, though!!!