Monday, September 10, 2007

Jackson's party

So if it wasn't enough to have a party on Saturday night, I hosted another one on Sunday afternoon! Jackson's birthday isn't until October 5th, which is right when the baby is due... so I joined forces with my friend, Lauren and we had Jackson and Jake's 4th parties together. She is also expecting her fourth babe, so it was great for both of us to pool our resources, energy and time!!! I took care of the decorations, pinata and goodie bags, while she brought the munchies, drinks and cake (made by her sister-in-law). We rented a rec centre, where the kids got to play for an hour on climbing structures, slides, ball pit, drive in cars etc, and then we went up to the 'party room' for an hour! Originally, Jackson wanted a "Curious George" party but there was nothing in the stores, so we decided to go with his love of "Buzz Lightyear" and I just improvised with using his Buzz toy, the color 'lime green' and then I was able to find a Buzz pinata and also a stamp, which I stamped on the goodie bags and napkins (using 'Staz-On' black ink so that the color didn't run when wet). Watching the kids with the pinata was a riot and although one picture looks awfully dangerous (Liam's head), no children were injured during the pinata abuse! Buzz Lightyear got decapitated but fought a good fight, with mommy finally having to intervene because he just wouldn't break!!! I was a little concerned that Jackson might be devastated with Buzz getting busted but nothing was ever said, so he obviously realized the pinatas purpose from the last party we went to! Now.... I'm off to put party supplies away for a few months!

PS: guess what showed up in the stores THIS week?!? Yep - Curious George! Stay tuned for Liam's party in May :)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

oh MAAAANN!! I can just hear my kids - another party? Looks like fun! So great that you have that rec centre available to rent for parties, that was so fun last year. Love your decorations, too!

Grammie said...

even Liam gets to wack the pinata!
Fun

Suzette said...

Way to go Lou!! It looks like it was a blast!!