Sunday, March 23, 2008
car wash wackos
Well I had quite the experience yesterday afternoon! I went out to get a few things & then called Miles on my way home, telling him that I was going to go through the car wash, grab Starbuck's and be home shortly.... so I thought! I normally go to the Co-Op Touchless Wash but Miles told me to go to the Petro Can Soft Wash because it would get more dirt off the truck. Well I was about vehicle #5 in line and when my turn came, I followed the necessary instructions: Go forward on green light, punch in code (code accepted), put mirrors in, put car in neutral and sat back for the ride, as the rollers pulled my wheels along! This would have been fine however the car ahead of me decided to put their brakes on... so while blue cloths are going over me and spinning around me, I think I see brake lights and the car is getting closer & closer... so when there's a free moment, I quickly zap my wipers on & realize "I GOTTA BRAKE! NOW!" So now she's stopped, I'm stopped and thankfully the car behind me is still entering in their code! I start honking, hoping that out of the 17 cars behind me now, someone might go for help - that didn't work (and the blue cloth is still whipping around me) so I pull out the little phonebook & phone the gas station to tell them that "I'm stuck in your car wash - turn it off or something!" The girl comes running out and asks me what happened so I told her, "I don't know but why is the person ahead of me STOPPED? Aren't you just supposed to let the rollers pull you along & NOT brake?!" The employee runs to the car ahead, asks what's going on & was told "I braked because she hit me!" HELLO!? The employee told driver #1 to pull forward and to fill out an incident form or something. I couldn't drive forward because the spinners were stopped in front of me & couldn't be moved without starting the car wash up again! So while the manager was on his way... the employee had me back up (after all the 17 other cars backed up - probably 20 cars by now) and wait..... of course everyone is curious and I'm looking like the biggest loser (not the tv show unfortunately)! I cannot tell you how retarded I am feeling at this point and of course wondering if there's any damage to my poor vehicle! They start the car wash up again and send me through... driver #1 has fled the scene and is long gone! Hmmm - feeling a little guilty maybe?! I made sure that I filled out an incident report since my front bumper is scratched up a bit & they pulled her license plate number off the camera, so we'll see what happens but the damage can probably go on her insurance - it's not the car washes fault, so not a whole lot they can do, but the employees that I dealt with were very helpful! We'll call the owner tomorrow morning before 9am & see what he has to say about the whole gong show! All I can say is "SOME PEOPLE"! I think I'll be heading back to my usual car wash where I'm in control of the driving!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
You have an interesting life Louise
never a dull moment
that sounds like stress Louise!!!!!
I just went thru one the other day but ours isn't automatic...anyway when I turned the corner there was a SUV mercedes in the front entrance, hood open, doors ajar etc....I wondered if maybe the carwash was broken so got out to use the call help button....low and behold there is a man with a brush and spray and he's 'detailing' his tires!!!!! (blocking the whole entrance!) He said he'd be a minute so I patiently went back into my van to wait....I notice that the spray is still on the 2 tires I can see so its gonna be awhile so I got out again and said 'as nice as I could' that i've never seen this before and could he detail his car over there!" He at that point packed up and finally went thru the wash! I agree with you....some people!! Lesson's in patience, that's for sure!
Like your grammie said...your life is very interesting and never dull!
Kerry
Post a Comment