Monday, March 31, 2008

Spring Break getaway

Last week was spring break for the schools in our area, so we decided to take a little family trip 'over' the border to Minot, North Dakota. We stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites and had a great trip. Our hotel room was big (had to be since we have four kids & they are setting limits to the # of people in the room now), we got a hot breakfast every morning & we had wristbands that allowed us unlimited trips to the waterpark. The hotel was also connected to the Dakota Square Mall, so we got some shopping in too! On the last day, as we were leaving, I literally ran through the 'Hobby Lobby' while Miles & the boys waited in the truck - a BIG craft & accessories store! Another new found love of mine was TARGET! It was open until 10pm, so after we put the boys to bed, Miles stayed with them while I browsed TARGET for about 1/2 hour, until closing! Check out my travel blog to see pictures at the waterpark. The following pictures were taken at the Scandinavian Heritage Park. We were hoping to go to the zoo but unfortunately it was closed for the season and doesn't re-open until the end of April. Too bad so sad!


Me & the boys with the Norweigan 'Gol Stave Church' in the background

Gol Stave Church


Ethan & I, with our 'troll-friend' in the gift shop


Swedish Horse (Miles and the boys are under it)


'Stabbur' - a Norweigan storehouse - but the boys called it a 'troll house' (Jackson & I sitting on the steps)

3 comments:

Grammie said...

I looked at the travel blog pictures. Is Liam a bit worried
to come down the slide?
The pictures are all lovely.

Anonymous said...

I love the troll house! It even has troll hair! LOL

Katie and Scott said...

The 'troll friend' with you and Ethan is our favorite -- too funny! Looks like you guys had fun!