Saturday, September 27, 2008

More weekend fun :)

My neighbor called a couple days ago & invited us to a 'Scarecrow & Pumpkin Festival' about 20 mins out of town. She had seen it advertised in the paper. We started out with the family pancake breakfast, then went on a hay-ride tour around town & looked at all the various scarecrows on peoples lawns. My favourite was the Wizard of Oz - wish I would have taken a picture! Andrea & her kids had to leave for swimming lessons but the boys and I stayed and looked around a bit more. We browsed the Farmers Market and got honey, a treat and some gourds... and the boys decorated a little white pumpkin for $3 each! (the eyes, hair etc was already assembled in a baggie and they got to decorate to their hearts content!). They then jumped on the bouncer and home we went - a very fun morning and they all thanked me for the outing :) Their favourite lawn ensemble was the SHREK one!





The hayride (pulled by trucks)



Munching on hay :)


Decorating pumpkins with great concentration!



The completed masterpieces.... like the eyebrow on Liam's?


My gourds...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I had to come here and see what Auntie Sherri was talking about... I love the "MacKay" eyebrow on Liam's pumpkin! So cute!

Anonymous said...

I like little farmer Cole chewing
on a straw.
grammie