
I came across this YOUTUBE video that displays how to correctly use an EPI-PEN. I have just renewed Ethan's and we've got one in his classroom and one in his backpack... I have a prescription in to get a couple more - the house, diaper bag... anyways, thought I would post this. Even if you don't have sound, which I don't right now either, it's worth the watch and could save someone's life! Just click on the website and it should come up no problem! Take the grey cap off the top and firmly press the black part into the outer thigh and hold....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF8Ulu6QMow
Ethan has a PEANUT allergy, which I discovered when he was 14 months old. I later had it confirmed by an allergy doctor, who tested just for peanuts because he was so young. We don't know the severity of his allergy and hope to never find out! We also found out this summer that he's allergic to dog saliva - unless of course that particular dog had been into a peanut stash somewhere :) Thanks for watching!






6 comments:
AWWWW, poor guy! I hope he grows out of it! Do they?
I have carried a epi pen around for a few years now because I am allergic to wasp stings but never had to use it...thank God. I hope Ethan never has to either poor little guy. Thanks for posting this....I have just read the instructions and never seen anyone use it.
What a great thing to post. I have been taught how to use it, but of course, at $50 or so dollars a pop, we don't get to actually TRY it, just act it out. Thanks for posting that.
Oh no... these babies are like $100 each, so it's nice that with medical insurance they only cost $20. They do have 'dummy' ones that you can demo with but I thought the video was pretty explanitory....
Wow! does he ever look rough here....I have to get an epi pen too, but I keep forgeting. I have an alergy to wasp stings, and so far nothing serious has ever happened other then my arm swelling up, but I was told by my doctor that every time I get bit, it could get worse...so I should carry one...???last time I was bitten was when I was carrying Jermey.
Great idea to post Lou. As you know Zachary needs the epipen for the exact same reason as Ethan - peanuts & dog saliva. And yes, $100 a pop here too. To Robyn - my mother has one for the same reason as you - her first sting was a swollen hand, her second was a swollen arm up to her neck! Since then she's always carried one with her.
Post a Comment