Monday, October 6, 2008

Five years....

Yesterday was Jackson's FIFTH birthday... and like every parent, we wonder, "where did 5 years go!?!?" We had a fairly mellow day since the weather was terrible and we didn't feel like going anywhere. On our way home from church, we picked up an ice-cream cake and out of the options given to him, Jackson picked pancakes and maple sausages for lunch! Then he opened two presents and the boys spent the rest of the afternoon playing with his new Kid K'NEX. We charged the Wii remotes last night, so they plan on playing the new George of the Jungle Wii game tonight :) As Jackson told my mom on the phone last night, "this is just my birth-DAY, it's not my PARTY!" His party will probably be the weekend after Thanksgiving and will be a COWBOY theme... something he's talked about since his birthday party ended last year!!! He's very torn about who to invite though because his church friends don't know his school friends! Cute!

FIVE candles...

We stopped by DQ on our way home from church and Jackson picked out this cake, and asked for yellow lettering - his fave colour!

Two boys... Ethan checking out his new baby! Little did we know that two more brothers were still yet to come :)

Bringing home baby... October 8, 2003

First Birthday (he had his first haircut shortly after)

4 comments:

Ara said...

Great photo's Louise, I feel like I know you a bit better now! Such cute little kids! Your sheets in the pic of Jackson coming home from the hospital, I think we have the same ones!

Sarah said...

What a little sweetie! I am glad the cards arrived... I will have to call him to say Happy B-day in person!

Anonymous said...

I was in the air somewhere over
Edmonton...enroute when he was
born and I was there for his first
birthday...his second too?
Grammie

Louise said...

Nope - his third (we had it early so Sarah's kids could join in the fun - and you of course)