Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful dad's (and dad's to be) out there! Hope you have a great day & know that you are loved & appreciated!!! Our plans have changed a few times... we were going to a farm about 20 minutes outside of the city, for Miles hockey wind-up BBQ but it has been postponed, due to low attendance. The boys were quite upset because there is a pool & they remember the fun they had last year! It will hopefully be rescheduled later in the summer. Then... Miles got an invite from someone he's recently met, to go golfing, with their oldest boys tagging along. Miles & Ethan were going to go do that, however the weather has changed those plans too (and obviously the original BBQ plans would have been cancelled as well). We had another HUGE thunder, lightning & rain storm last night, which has continued on to today, leaving puddles everywhere! The boys gave daddy all the treasures they made in school and at mom's group on Friday, as well as a couple games (one Wii and one PSP) and coffee in bed! I think we're going to go check out a sale at our furniture store and possibly go out for lunch or supper! What are your plans today???
Walk a Little Slower Daddy
"Walk a Little slower, Daddy," said a little child so small.
I'm following in your footsteps and I don't want to fall.
Sometimes your steps are very fast, sometimes they're hard to see;
Sometimes your steps are very fast, sometimes they're hard to see;
So walk a little slower Daddy, for you are leading me.
Someday when I'm all grown up, You're what I want to be.
Someday when I'm all grown up, You're what I want to be.
Then I will have a little child who'll want to follow me.
And I would want to lead just right, and know that I was true;
And I would want to lead just right, and know that I was true;
So, walk a little slower, Daddy, for I must follow you!!
- Author Unknown





1 comment:
A lovely poem.g
Post a Comment