Other 'noteable' facts....
While Miles was backing the truck up to hook up the trailer, we got a screw in the tire and were losing air by the minute! OOPS! The joys of new construction sites! We got the trailer loaded ASAP, thankfully found a neighbour with a compressor and headed to Fountain Tire, in hopes that they would stay open for us (5pm - yikes). Thankfully, we got there in time, got the tire fixed and made it to our destination by 6:30pm, just in time for registration - it wouldn't have mattered if we were late because registration went on for a couple hours but... we had the cake, the drinks and everything needed for the first evening gathering! Phew - it all worked out!
Then... Cole refused to sleep in his bed with the side rail on it! He would have nothing to do with it at all. Nothing - get the picture!!! I would rock him to sleep and then lay him down, I climbed in bed with him and he fell asleep with his head on my foot - each time he would wake up the second I moved. He was sooo tired he was almost delirious but extended sleep just wasn't happening. I had thought about bring the playpen but in our rush to vacate (due to the tire issue) it was sadly left behind. Someone who lives on campus offered me hers but I said, "Oh - we'll see how tonight goes and maybe I'll grab it tomorrow night" - if only I could have called her at 2am!!!! Sooo.... then I just brought him into our bed and he eventually flopped on top of the covers, in the opposite direction and fell asleep... until Miles came back later. He then started crawling to the edge of the bed to see daddy, only daddy wasn't really paying attention, Cole couldn't see the edge of the bed and you guessed it - an almighty CRASH! Arghhhhh! We eventually calmed him down and he settled restlessly back to sleep, between us.... until 6:30am, when he proceeded to hit me on the head for an hour! Oh my goodness was I tired by this point! At 8am I went next door to the building where we were having coffee etc, to tie us over until the big brunch, to plug in the coffee perculator... morning had come - no rest for momma! On night two, I definitely borrowed the playpen (that was a no-brainer), separated Cole's bed (the bottom bunks divide in half for storage purposes) and set the playpen up there! I'm happy to report he slept ALL NIGHT LONG! Guess he still desires the security of sleeping with wallsaround him :) Good to know before we set out on a week-long camping trip or something!!!
Another piece of interesting info... one of the girls that Miles graduated with, grew up in the house across the street from where we used to live (our last house) and was the first grade one class at the school where Ethan went to kindergarten and grade one! Small world... or 'useless information' as my hubby calls it!
First Night - heading on a campus tour to see all that's changed over the years!!!





2 comments:
Oh no! Poor Coley... that is so sad... I hope it doesn't bother him too much.
Looks like a fun weekend... so are you already planning the 25th?!!! Just kidding!
No kidding about it... they have had me already change the facebook site to 25 yr reunion and are trying to gather input regarding time of year, location, events etc so that it can be more organized and people have a lot more notice...
My 20 yr will be next though (since I'm so much younger than my hubby). We'll have to see who's interested in doing something!
Cole is fine, although he has a running nose, so I have to be extra careful wiping it, so I don't hurt him any more than he already hurts! I think the scab is starting to itch though, so he's been rubbing it lots. He's also growing some new fangs right now, so he's not impressed!!!
Post a Comment