Thursday, July 9, 2009

Not sure....


So I tried a new drink the other day & I'm still not sure what I think about it... 'Bubble Tea'. The chewy lumps that come through your wide straw opening are pieces of tapioca and add a rather different 'atmosphere' to the drink texture :) I tried the green tea flavour. Hmmm... any thoughts on this? Ever tried it? I think I'd probably have it again, although I'm not claiming to be a huge fan just yet! Here's a little bit about it from a couple of on-line sources:

Tired of the latest fad coffees? Something new is hitting tea houses and coffeeshops across the country. It’s bubble tea. This bizarre drink also goes by the names boba, pearl tea, milk tea, or bubble drink. It’s part drink, part dessert snack, and all fun! Bubble tea is far from the plain-looking tea you are familiar with. It comes in a wild variety of flavours and colours. Challenge your palate with peach, lichee, mango or passionfruit! There is also the more traditional green or black tea flavours.



What is Bubble Tea?
The bubbles in the tea are actually large tapioca pearls, which add an interesting consistency to the drink. This is a cold drink, so you need to make the tea well ahead of time so it has plenty of time to chill. Bubble tea is very popular in Asia, and it is beginning to gain popularity in the United States.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow ...I can't see you liking
anything with lumps...re:
Bubble tea...
when you were little you
didn't even like vegetable
soup because of the "lumps"
in it. :) g

Ara said...

I don't think I would like that drink. I too am one who doesn't like lumps, and I don't like tapioca, blah. Can't wait to see pictures of your camping trips!