Friday, July 24, 2009

shocking eh???

Shocking... I FINALLY made some cards!!! We headed away camping this past weekend to Cypress Hills... a place where my hubby spent the majority of his summers, growing up. It is a beautiful area & I can see why he has fond memories :) His aunt & uncle are in the process of re-building their cabin & it was great to spend some time with them as well. Anyways - Uncle John & Auntie Resa have just become grandparents to two beautiful baby girls, born one week apart! I thought that it would be a great idea for the grandparents to have some toys at their house and since we are now out of the baby-baby phase, it felt great to pass on a 'bucket-load' to them! Below are a couple cards - one for the grandparents and one for one of the new babes... the other got a card that I had made up awhile back and had 'in stock'...





Note: I used Stampin' Up!'s new 'In Colors' for the cardstock, ribbon & ink and was THRILLED to find that I had prima's (the flowers) to match! The stamp sets (buggy & hands) are retired SU sets. I'm also loving the Razzleberry DP too :)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Love these cards! And, yes, I was a bit shocked to see you've been stamping... that's awesome! I bet it felt good to get back into it!

Louise said...

... other than the fact that everything is sprawled all over the floor since my craft room isn't set up yet :) Need to make a few more this week, so stay tuned!

Ara said...

Those are cute cards! What a great idea to give away some of your baby toys to the new grandparents! I bet they were happy!