Well I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day! I was spoiled ALL weekend long, so that was a treat! On Friday night I went to a city-wide ladies banquet for an annual convention called "Shine" (but didn't go to the Saturday sessions); on Saturday morning, we went to a Mother's Day breakfast at church (the guys cooked, served, set up & cleaned up!) and then we went to Home Depot and picked out some beautiful planters and plants to fill them with! On Sunday, we went to church (all the moms got a pink carnation) and then to Earl's for lunch, followed by Starbuck's! The remainder of the day was fairly uneventful until the evening... the skies opened and our beautiful sunshine turned to rain.... and Liam's mouth opened and we "wore" everything he had eaten that day! He was really cranky ever since getting up from his nap and obviously felt miserable, so at about 8pm, I took him to a walk-in clinic and got prescriptions for his chest & ears! He's a little more "normal" this morning!
One of the mom's from Ethan's class, works at Home Depot and brought the "Kids Workshop" to class! I got this beautiful birdhouse planter and great card... the inside reads (in his writing): MOM I love you because you play with me! love, EtHAN
A hanging basket and card from my secret sister... "Good Moms let their kids lick the beaters. Great Moms turn the mixer off first." (glad to know I qualify in the good and great category!!!)
My planters & plants from my hubby and boys... and I got the fun of assembling them myself!






8 comments:
Oh it is sooo not fun when they get sick like that! Glad you had a good weekend up till then. Very nice gifts!!
I've been to shine in the past, was it good this year?
Still no trailer on this end. My husband works for a company who has just taken over another (and we don't want to make any big purchases until his job is secure once again)
Great gifts Lou - sound like a fun day. Well, you know...until the Liam thing....
Sounds like it was a great mother's day. Your boy getting sick was just a reminder how great you are...because I'm sure you were the one to clean up the mess. The cards are cute too!
that is great!
sorry Liam is sick... that sucks. fun gifts, and Ethan, you did a GREAT job on your birdhouse!
What lovely Mother's Day gifts. Of
course the one from Ethan was the
best!
You left a comment on my blog about wondering if we were Norweigan. Both my hubby and I are home grown British Columbians. My last name is Jessee, not Skittles. We just love the skittles candies because they have an "S" on them. S is for Sandi and Sean and that is what we used for treats at the table at our wedding!
The "mixer" card made me lol -- very funny! Glad you got spoiled and enjoyed your day. Hope we get to see you and the family on Friday for a little visit.
so glad you had a great day. And the card is so good.Let me know when you are home so we can chat. Miss you!!!
Post a Comment