Until... along came a dog and licked Ethan in the face as he was trying to get out! No one thought anything of it because boys and dogs are usually pals! Awhile later, Ethan got out and came to me, saying, "my nose is running" - I took one look at him and thought - you've got more problems than a runny nose! His right eye was almost swollen shut - yikes! I gave him some benadryl and then we all started racking our brains as to what could have possibly caused an allergic reaction???? CHLORINE... he's been in the pool since he was 10 months old; DOGS... he's been around dogs forever; PEANUTS... he has a confirmed allergy already and hence the reason I had benadryl and a twinject on me - he also hadn't eaten anything since we left home. So then I remembered that the dog licked him in the face and I'm thinking that it might be the whole saliva issue!? I have a friend who's son is (or was anyways) allergic to dog saliva and now has a peanut allergy too. I doubt there's a connection but definitely a weird coincidence! We did think about the fact that the dog may have eaten something peanut related... but I think that was ruled out! It is a possibility though! Anyways, thankfully our little man is doing ok! (and it was reassuring to have a couple nurses on hand too!)
Finally, Cole has sprouted another new tooth - his first one came in on June 7th and the second on June 18th. Today was the first day that I could actually get a picture of him smiling in such a way that we could actually see his new pearly whites! So, this week we have teeth coming in and teeth going out.... which reminds me that the tooth fairy better remember to show up tonight!!! Ethan got up this morning and said, how come the tooth fairy didn't come last night!?" OOOPS! Completely forgot!





4 comments:
No dogs for you guys...poor Ethan
Wow - -the picture really shows how swollen he got! Glad everyone is OK - by all other accounts looks like a great day!
Have you seen the movie Hitch? Looks like that. But very glad he Ethan is ok.
That looks sore, poor guy! My oldest has allergies, and we had a cat live with us for 10 yrs, and he is now an outdoor cat, well she picked him up one day and he licked her cheek, wow, did it ever swell, get red and bumpy...scary! She is also allergic to some dogs, more than others.
Post a Comment