Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Buzzzzzzz......

Jackson's preschool class had a BIRTHDAY PARTY today, to celebrate ALL the kids' birthdays this year! I volunteered to make the cupcakes, since I haven't been able to be a mom helper much this year (um... only once!) and want to contribute at least a little bit! Awhile back, my friend posted pictures of the cupcakes she made for her daughters first birthday - a Pooh Bear theme, with 'honey bee' cupcakes. They were so adorable that I was just waiting for an opportunity to make them and today was my lucky day! After deciding to do this, I realized it was quite fitting for the class, being that they had just completed the 'Bee-Attitudes' with Buzzy Bee! Thanks to Deana for the insipration :) She had her wings laying down but by the time I checked her picture again, I had already mucked them up in icing!


Mini marshmallow eyes, black licorice stripes, a jelly bean stinger, syrup wafer wings (these can be found at Superstore or Save On Foods and come as big circles that I cut into 1/8 pieces) The antennas should have been black licorice strings but couldn't find the anywhere - had to get creative and cut up the regular twizzlers! It's all about improvising :)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

so cute! I bet they loved them!

Ara said...

these are great, your so creative, and energetic to take on this task!

Grammie said...

You are a busy bee aren't you !
Very nice