Friday, August 29, 2008

First Day of School - Round Two!

Today, was Jackson's first day of kindergarten. He will be going for full days, every other day but they are breaking the class up a bit... yesterday and today, 1/4 of the class went at a time, morning and afternoon. Next Thursday and Friday, 1/2 the class will go for a full day and then finally, on Tuesday the 9th, they will ALL go together! I'm very thrilled that the kiddies of my friends, Mona and Keri are in the same class as Jackson - much better for the 'mom social life' :) So today, while Jackson was at school, I went to spend the morning at Mona's house, so that I wouldn't be driving back and forth three times (only two round trips) but then she invited us to stay for pizza and the day, so after being assured that I wasn't outstaying my welcome, I stayed and only made one round trip... all while having a great day with a friend! It will be less complicated when he goes for full days, since Miles will drive them to school and I'll pick them up! But by staying 'out there' for the day, I completely forgot that we were invited to a 'teddy bear picnic birthday party' play date! (it was a party for the teddy bear) at our little friend, Abby's! Ooops! Too much going on right now I guess! We had a house showing yesterday afternoon (people that had been through three weeks ago) but haven't heard anything on that, and then tomorrow we have an open house for a couple hours in the morning!

Thumbs up for kindergarten....

Back....(pack)

Kindergarten here I come...

Megan, Josiah, Mrs. H. and Jackson

(Jackson and Josiah went to preschool together too)


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Jackson looks adorable... I'm happy to see his backpack is not quite as overwhelming as Ethan's was! Kindergarten is not supposed to be stressful. I still have to get Scott's backpack and indoor shoes.

Louise said...

You will all be glad to know that I spent $10 at Children's Place and got Ethan a NEW backpack! I think the one I got him was more for a pre-teen/teen aged person! He can have it back again in grade six!