Even my kids got into the Olympic Spirit... after one of our gold medal wins, Jackson (6) came and sang his heart out during the national anthem. The next night, after our mens' hockey team won the gold in OT, I called Jackson to come and sing the anthem again! He asked, "what's the national anthem? I Believe?" Too funny! On another occasion, I sat down to watch something on HGTV while drinking my morning coffee and Cole (2) brought me a remote and said, "wanna watch olympics, wanna watch olympics"!!! Our school also had a torch runner (a former student) come to see the kids & run through the halls, as well as Marcia Gudereit, a 1998 Olympic Champion, came to speak to them.
I Believe – Nikki Yanofsky
There comes a moment when my heart must stand alone
On this lonely path I’ve chosen
like a house that’s not a home
sometimes when I feel I’ve had enough
and I feel like giving up
you willed me to be all I can be
now nothing can stop me
I believe in the power that comes
From a world brought together as one
I believe together we’ll fly
I believe in the power of you and I
This is the moment we have dreamed of all our lives
Well be the change we wish from others
Well stand tall for what its right
And in my hearts there’ll be no doubt
The arms of the world will come reaching out
And embrace me to be all I can be
Now nothing can stop me
I believe in the power that comes
From a world brought together as one
I believe together we’ll fly
I believe in the power of you and I
I believe the time is right now
Stand tall and make the world proud
I believe together well fly
I believe in the power...
I believe in the power that comes
From a world brought together as one
(Of you and I)
I believe together we’ll fly
I believe in the power of you and I
(power)
I believe the time is right now
(Oh you and I)
Stand tall and make the world proud
I believe together we’ll fly (Together we’ll fly)
I believe in the power of you and I
(I believe in the power of you and I)
Wyndom, Jeannie & boys got to see Maelle Ricker's gold medal win! Jeannie made this great banner :)
Photo Thanks: Jeannie
Photo Thanks: Jeannie
Beautiful sisters - Melissa & NicolePhoto Thanks: Melissa
Photo Thanks: Anna (Opening Ceremonies)
Photo Thanks: Anna (Opening Ceremonies)
Photo Thanks: Anna (Opening Ceremonies)
Anna & Mike @ the countdown clock... time for the OPENING CEREMONIES :)
Photo Thanks: Karen (Opening Ceremonies)
Photo Thanks: Karen (Opening Ceremonies)
Photo Thanks: Karen
Photo Thanks: Karen 'Vancouver 2010'
Photo Thanks: Anna (Opening Ceremonies)
Photo Thanks: Anna (Opening Ceremonies)
Photo Thanks: Anna (Opening Ceremonies)
Anna & Mike @ the countdown clock... time for the OPENING CEREMONIES :)
Photo Thanks: Karen (Opening Ceremonies)
Photo Thanks: Karen (Opening Ceremonies)
Photo Thanks: Karen
Photo Thanks: Karen 'Vancouver 2010'






















No comments:
Post a Comment