Monday, March 22, 2010

St. PaTrIcK's DaY

With all the crafts and events the kids did for St. Patrick's Day you'd think it was a major life-changing holiday :) They all wore green to school, but in grade three, Ethan said they didn't actually 'DO' anything for St. Patrick's Day (they were told to wear green though!). Jackson's grade one class incorporated their crafts, math etc into the event and he came home with all kinds of neat projects. Liam had a party at playschool & Cole later jumped in on the fun and added his own comical spin on things! Both Liam & Jackson said that the lecprechaun did some crazy things to their classrooms & messed up the coatroom, lunch pails & left pixie dust! On Friday, Jackson had show & tell and they had to bring something green. I tried to get him to take the green frog hot water bottle (I had just opened it days before, when he had an earache) but I was told that that wasn't 'COOL'... I listed off numerous things but apparently my ideas were all dumb! I then threatened to send a potted plant! He finally consented with a leprechan book that was about St. Patrick's Day and had mostly green on the front cover. The teacher told him to bring it back today (Monday) and she wants to read it to the class! For those traumatized by my green supper last year, you don't need to worry! I just made green jello for dessert, topped with vanilla pudding & green grapes...


Cole wearing Liam's leprechaun hat (minus the gold coin now)

Cole with Jackson's leprechaun potato man :)

A patterned shamrock

Math! I guess they got Lucky Charm cereal & had to do a graph with the # of marshmallows they found! Clever & yummy :)

'Lucky's Gold' - a little poem book they made in grade one

Colour by numbers money chart

Liam modelling his leprechaun hat & beard, along with a craft containing syrup!

Leprechaun Liam

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Super cute! Love the costume :) I thought your green supper last year was brilliant! Steve told me not to bother with that, though... he has some picky food issues, so if I was to mess with the colours, I don't know if he'd eat it!! I made a Greek salad that night, so cukes were our token green food!

Rachel H. said...

Love the hockey and leprechaun pics Louise! And just read the swimsuit post - hilarious!