Friday, December 29, 2006

Innocent enough???!!!

OK - I am SOOOO stumped! I've never been so confused in all my life and have definitely never been in this situation because I know everyone (almost) and meet connections of connections in the strangest places. When I got home yesterday, there was a Christmas card from my former employers in Port Alberni and inside was a Christmas card/letter, that they forwarded to me.... only I have no clue who these people are? The address label says Mr & Mrs. William/Elizabeth Innocent and they are from South Hadley, MA (postmarked Springfield, MA, USA) - it's addressed to my maiden name at my first address in Port. The card, in their handwriting reads, Dear Louise, during this holiday season, Bill & I are thinking about family and friends near and far away. We hope that you are well and enjoying life. We hope to get to the island soon - perhaps our visits will coincide. Love, Betty & Bill (there's also a newsletter that states info about their jobs, kayaking, a car accident etc. and at the bottom it's typed "Much Love, Betty & Bill, Skippy & Princess") I called my mom and she thinks it's a joke, which is something that we considered too but??? If anyone knows who these people are please enlighten me. I will post an answer if I find one :)

PS: after checking out some Massechucetts info (on-line) the places and events in the newsletter seem legit...

4 comments:

Sarah said...

That is so funny! These poor people are probably some of your faithful Blog-readers and are going to be so offended that you don't remember them!!! Maybe they'll comment on here. Did you do a service for them in Port? Can you find them online? Are they actually real people? Is there a return address? Maybe Elizabeth had a different last name when you knew her. Hmm... your memory is much better than mine, so if you can't remember them, then it MUST be a joke!

Louise said...

Yep - complete return address! But don't even know if it would be smart to reply... hmmm? Very interesting situation for me, since I rarely forget a name :)

Tim Schindel said...

I think you should reply and start sending Christmas Cards and family letters to them. Play the game with them. You never know what might happen!! They could be stalkers or they could be really rich people...

Rachel H. said...

Ok - so I'm reading this post aloud to Darrell and I'm laughing my HEAD OFF as I'm reading, he has a smile on his face too. Because it's so bizarre and written like they COMPLETELY know who you are!!! Ha ha...can't wait to hear the results. Why don't you write back saying you're so sorry you haven't communicated in a while but you've been so busy ....yada yada yada.... and maybe they should fly out to Saskatoon to visit!