Monday, June 11, 2007

Party Time!!!!

On Saturday night, we had a belated birthday BBQ for Liam and invited three other families over that have kids around his age! The party theme was wild animals and I was quite pleased with some of my finds: animal toothpicks for the cupcakes, foam party hats (49 cents ea. at Michaels, a long while ago), stuffed animals (97 cents at Wal-Mart) for the goodie bags, along with animal cookies and animal fruit snacks! I also used the zoo pals disposable plates and cups! I know - I'm a geek when it comes to "theming" things but I have fun! Liam was in his glory at his party and LOVED having other kids over and being outside! As you can tell from Liam's clothes, they all played hard and not one kid went home clean! The weather was great the entire evening and we were glad to be able to sit out on the deck... then, moments after the last family left and we brought in chairs etc, it started pouring rain!!! Crazy!

The animal cupcake tree

Liam and his #2 cupcake

Liam checking out his cupcakes

The party hats and goodie bags! (I used the "Wild About You" stamp set on the goodie bags) For the party hats, there was a monkey (Liam), a giraffe (Jackson), a couple lions, ducks and dogs...

7 comments:

Ara said...

That looks like so much fun! I love to 'go wild' with themes too when given the opportunity! Glad you were able to get everything in before the rain!

Sarah said...

looks awesome! Hey, your deck rails look good! Haven't seen pics of the completed deck yet. Love the cupcake tree and goodies. Liam is sure growing up!

Grammie said...

Oh that was awesome Louise. Great
decorating. NIce party.

Ara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sandi said...

I enjoyed doing theme parites when my kids were younger, but now they think they are too old for those kind of parties. So, enjoy it while you can!

Elise said...

that's the cooles birthday cake idea ever!!!

Suzette said...

It looks like fun Lou!! You did an amazing job as usual!!!