Monday, April 28, 2008

It's all about the boogers!

I shouldn't really be sharing this because my four year old would be humiliated but the story gets funnier every time I tell it, so I need to share (but don't tell k?!)

So... on Thursday, I had to take Jackson (4) and Cole (6 months) for immunizations at the health unit. I didn't say anything to Jackson until that morning. He asked where we were going & I told him, "to the health unit for a check-up". The light when on & he asked, "am I getting a needle?" I told him yes, but that he was also going to do some other things to make sure he's healthy for kindergarten. Then he said, "what if I'm not healthy because I still eat BOOGERS!?" Needless to say, I howled! Then last night, it looked like he was about to pick his nose & he said, "oh - I can't eat boogers anymore because I've had my needle & I need to stay healthy!" If that theory works... I'll go along with it, being that I'm not a booger fan or anything! You've really gotta wonder where they come up with some of their ideas!

On another note though, while at the health unit, Jackson completely 'bombed' his eye exam. At first we just thought he was being a silly four year old but then when he hoped off the chair & went closer, he read everything no prob! The nurse & I raised our eyebrows and both said, "hmmm - maybe!" So... on Saturday morning, I took him to the optometrist & sure enough, he needs glasses!

PS: my Roly Poly Coley now weighs 21 lbs, 6 oz (at 6 1/2 months)

4 comments:

Shannon Tompkins said...

Sounds like something my 4 yo nephew would do as well. Last time we were home he was sitting on my husband's lap having a talk with his uncle. My husband had some cuts on his hand from a Saturday night 'fall' when he was out with the guys. Denton was examing them and asked 'Uncle, did it hurt?' - Uncle says 'a bit' - Denton 'Did you cry?' - Uncle says 'no' - Denton jumps down and says 'couldn't hurt that much then' - It was priceless!

Sarah said...

that is a great story! love it... glad you got it journaled now on your blog. you can always snap a pic of him picking (when he forgets!) and then make it into a scrapbook page!!!! wonder if he'd appreciate that!?

KerrySchwen said...

that's too funny Louise!
2 of my girls have been in glasses from early on. They make such cute ones now! May be tricky at first if forgets them at places but it depends on the kid....we have a 'special' place on their nightstand that the glasses rest at night and that has helped HUGE!
Guess I need to get Kylie in for her Kindergarden shot as well....thanks for the reminder!
Kerry

Katie and Scott said...

Love the boogers story -- reminds us of the recent b-day card! ha
Like someone else said, glasess are so stylish now - hope he comes to adjust. Good that you've caught it early too!