Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mother's Day Tea... for me!

Yesterday afternoon was the 'Mother's Day Tea' at Jackson's preschool. I must say, I was really looking forward to this because even more than being 'honoured' as a mom, it was time for me to spend with Jackson. It isn't often that I get one-on-one time, so it's nice to have an excuse once in awhile!
We started out by sitting on the circle mat with the kids and did a team effort of Alphabet Bingo! Mrs. D then read the book, "Love You Forever", followed by the kids singing us a song and presenting us with a gift they made. After this, we sat at knee-high tables and had 'tea' while eating dainty jam sandwiches, of which, the bread was pink! Very unique! The mom beside us just had butter on her sandwiches and when she commented on that, her son said, "you never eat jam" which was apparently the truth (she doesn't like it) and we were quite amazed with how observant he was!
This gift is also my favourite! I got one from Ethan too & it's just the neatest thing - they are very special keepsakes! I'll copy the poem at the bottom (or just click on the last picture). The children made the wrapping paper & wrapped up the LOVE!!! It was so cute because Jackson told me I couldn't open it - it's just wood! He also told me to hold it close to my heart & that there's love inside! I asked the teacher if the kids thought it was weird to be wrapping a block of wood & she said, "at first they did but then they got right into it and were hugging & kissing their blocks of wood!" I love it!






MOM
This is a very special gift
That you can never see,
The reason it's so special is
It's just for you from me.
Whenever you are lonely,
Or even feeling blue,
You only have to hold this gift
And know I think of you.
You never can unwrap it,
Please leave the ribbon tied,
Just hold this gift close to your heart
It's filled with love inside.

1 comment:

Ara said...

That's so fun Louise! How adorable! Glad you were able to spend one on one time with him! I'm sure he was thrilled too!