Friday, May 9, 2008

Wacky Hair Day!!!

When Ethan came home from school yesterday, he informed me that it was "Wacky Hair Day" tomorrow (today)... while at Wal-Mart we checked for some coloured hair gel but they don't carry it, so we picked up some mini coloured elastics instead so that we could do little pony-tails all over his head. Last night I remembered that I still had some beads, so this is what we came up with! He patiently sat on a stool while I beaded his hair - it did take a little longer than planned this morning but I think he was pleased with the results and we got to school on TIME! On the playground, we saw someone with very orange hair and a girl that had small balloons randomly attatched to pony-tails around her head! I had to laugh at this whole event because not too long ago I read an article somewhere (I wish I could remember where) about this 'over the top, perfectionist' mom who did her daughters hair for Crazy Hair Day - she used cans of hairspray and made a fabulous 'nest' in her daughters hair, possibly even adding a decorative bird or something - the poor kid had so much weight on her head that she could hardly hold her head up and when they pulled up to the school and saw the other students, who really didn't look a whole lot different that normal, she realized that maybe she needed to back off a little bit! So, I was relieved this morning to see a few fun hairdoos!