This card started out using Amy W's sketch challenge but then I deleted a layer of paper (to conserve cardstock) and then I missed another feature by mistake, so then I just added some ribbon & called it a card! I think that maybe plain red & black ribbon might look better than the gingham - opinions please! The paisleys are embossed with white craft ink and crystal clear embossing powder. It's kind of busy but the colours are rich...This card is fairly simple. I've used the Petals Jumbo wheel for the background and the Petals & Paisley designer paper. For the flower, I used the rock n' roll technique, where you stamp the flower first in a lighter colour and then roll the edges in a darker colour (cool caribbean & not quite navy).
This is also a fairly simple card. I used the Headline Alphabet to spell THANKS and used the "reverse kissing" technique with the polka dots ( I also used the polka dots for the background). The colours used for everything are Pretty in Pink and Chocolate Chip. BTW - reverse kissing is when you stamp the stamp (in my case the letter) and then stamp it on the patterned stamp to remove some of the ink. Kissing would be when you ink up the patterned stamp and then use it as the "ink pad" for the solid stamp!
This is a "Joy Fold" card and has three different layers. I used the Petals & Paisleys designer paper - it's double sided, so when you untie the card and open it up, you benefit from the other side of the paper! On the left side of the card I also stamped some Polka Dots & Petals - the sister stamp set. This is my first attempt at a Joy Fold, so it was fun! A lot of prep-work yet to do for the class though!!!





1 comment:
Very pretty cards!! Thanks for checking out my blog...like yours it's a mix of things, fun to just be able to put thoughts into words! Loving this weather? Neat to see someone else from the queen city!
Post a Comment