Thursday, March 15, 2007

Spring Mini

I just finished putting my swap cards on my display board & most of them were horizontal cards, leaving me with some vertical "holes"... so I thought I better make a couple upright cardfronts from the Spring Mini Catalogue:
This card uses the Big Blooms stamp set & the Au Chocolate designer paper (Chocolate Chip & Very Vanilla cardstock) The Blooms are embossed with Chocolate Chip & Close to Cocoa craft ink & Crystal Clear EP.

This card uses the fun set Crab & Company - I think the crab turned out a little messy but he was still fun to work with - I played around with Aquapainters! It also never ceases to annoy me that red ink smears so badly & gets on everything! (Real Red, Cool Caribbean & Tempting Turquoise cardstock)

Anyhoo - I have a busy weekend coming up & lots yet to do so.... I'm outta here until next week! Have a great weekend! May the sun shine & the ground soon be snow-free!

5 comments:

Jannelle said...

I really like the first card, and I didn't know you had the crab set!I would get it too, but it's too close to a set I already have. Well, have a great weekend ;)!

Allison Rankin said...

Great looking cards...love the Au Chocolat DP one!

Louise said...

I got the crab set as my 50% off Spring Fever Promo item! Gotta love a sale :)

Thanks Allison - I kinda like the chocolate one too! The colours are rich & it was fun to make :)

KerrySchwen said...

OHHHH great cards Louise! I have Big Blooms coming and now have a card to case :) The little crabby is cute too....lots of fun possiblilites with that set!
TFS, have a great weekend,
Kerry

Sarah said...

Hey Lou,
I didn't know you were getting the Big Blooms... like it? I am thinking about it... maybe if I ever win a SU! wow contest :)
Did you end up getting any of the doodle sets?