I mentioned on Sunday that I was going to make some baby tins. I accomplished the first one the other night and it's for a new baby girl in our church, "Ava". I used the Island Blossoms Scrappin' Kit (last years level 1 hostess set) and it made things really easy. There are so many things that you can do and add to these cans/tins... it's all a matter of how simple or deluxe you want to make them! The 12" paper is not wide enough to go all the way around, so you end up needing about a 4" piece added in. This is what caused me the most grief, as I wasn't happy with the "joins" but... cover them with a few blossoms and I was much happier with the results! All in all, this was fun to make but I think that the empty (un-used) paint cans are probably a bit nicer in the end?! (this one is a baby formula can)
The lid: I used a grosgrain ribbon spool to trace the circle, then "pounded" eyelet holes through the lid to weave the ribbon through (a normal hole punch would work too since it's just light plastic)
The front: I stamped AVA's name with the Big Deal Alphabet set. I made a little gift card in coordinating colours, using the Oh My Word & Little Pieces stamp sets.

The back... lotsa blossoms!
7 comments:
Looks good!
Oh, yeah, that looks great. I really like the colours and I love the blossoms--I didn't know you had that set. I'm sure she will love it, and I can't wait to make one!
Oh, silly me--I see it's not a stamp set but the paper. Got it! Still love it.
so beautiful! great job Louise, they will love it! Awesome gift!
WOW...beautiful...it is so sweet and girly...love it!!
It looks great Lou!
HappyBirthday Louise - I remember the day you were born...Sure will be good to see you next month. Also Happy Anniversary both of you. Silja is pretty sure her wedding is the Nov. ll th weekend. Maren loves India - this weekend they are visiting the mountains that they see from her window. She is doing lots of interesting nursing stuff. Silja also enjoys her course in Liverpool and was to Wales last weekend. Coffee's ready so goodbye for now. Lots of love Marit
Post a Comment