Wednesday, March 7, 2007

We're the best!

Anywhere between 11 and 24 times a day, Jackson says, "you're the best mom in the world" and then I respond, "well you're the best boys in the world" and he then says, "yeah - the best three boys!" Yesterday, Miles was working late, so I had to take everyone to Ethan's skating lesson. Near the end, Jackson turned to a kid beside him, who thankfully wasn't paying attention and said to him, (quite loudly) "we're the best boys in the world... and THIS is the bestest mom in the world!" While I don't like him bragging or being quite like that, I did have to chuckle because he's only three and in his mind, he's telling the gospel truth! And while it lasts... I'll enjoy the extra "love!"

6 comments:

Rachel H. said...

Ok - that is absolutely adorable. Way to go Jackson! What a tender heart - even though I know he's also a monkey, but a loveable, tender-hearted monkey!

Way to go BESTEST Mum!

B.t.w. - you could also be the most faithful blogger ever.

Cindy @ Creating at Home said...

That's so cute!!

Rachel H. said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY LOU! Didn't realize until I read Sarah's blog. left a comment there but I'll re-post it here too ..... nope, can't remember it. You'll have to go and look!

And soon-t-b Happy Birthday !

Sarah said...

what a cutie pie! But you said Jackson spoke "Quite loudly" - does he do that? hahaha!!!

Suzette said...

What a cute story!! You do have wonderful boys:)

Katie and Scott said...

That's awesome, Lou! What a great b-day present from your boy ; )