Monday, March 26, 2007

Round & Round We Go!

I made a couple cards to send in to SU!'s April contest titled "Round & Round We Go"... featuring circles and anything round! I had a great time making these cards, so even if they aren't winners - it was fun!

This card was inspired by the spots on the giraffe (Wild About You) and then I added Simply Circles and the "friend" from Love Without End. The background circles are embossed with Crystal Clear EP and Versamark. The paper is Spring Flowers. Colors used are: True Thyme, Cranberry Crisp, Barely Banana & Confetti White.

This card was inspired by the wheels! I used Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa and Cool Caribbean cardstock; stamp sets: Simply Circles, Polka Dots and Petals, Love Without End, Amazing to Zany and By Land. The truck is embossed using Crystal Clear EP and Choc Chip craft ink - over the wheels I put clear buttons... more circles :) The paper used is SU!'s Spring Mini "Au Chocolat".

My trade fair thing this weekend was a gong-show, so that was dissapointing. They had us in a small room, past where they were having their meetings, so hardly any people came down that far. There were other tables set up in the hall and main entry way that got lots of exposure but not us! So I sat there from 7:30am until 3:30pm (their last break) basically just visiting with my fellow table-mates, who were in the same predicament! The day-home attendees had meetings that lasted 1 to 1 1/2 hours at a time and then they would browse on their breaks, so even if more people had wandered through, there was still a lot of just "sitting"! The lunch was good & was included in our $15 table fee and the lady at the table beside me made the most amazing crocheted finger puppets... all kinds of animals and tv characters!!! Too cute :)

8 comments:

Jannelle said...

Both cards are nice, I LOVE the giraffe one! I think it should win! I also think I must order that set; the more you use it the more I want it! I also really like what you did with the ribbon on that one--how is it attached at the back? And how did you cut your big circles for matting? Questions questions questions...

Jen S. said...

Great cards! I love the giraffe one especially (too)!!! :)
Thanks for the comment the other day re: scrapbook shop. I passed along the info!
Off to Sarah's tonight for 30 for $30.

Louise said...

The big circles... I traced a grosgrain ribbon spool, then mounted it on the next color and cut freehand! Not professional at all :) The ribbon (giraffe) goes through eyelets and then back up through eyelets & then I tied a knot!

Jannelle said...

...on the back of the card too?

Grammie said...

Like the cards...I am going to need
some private lessons!
Can't wait!

Allison Rankin said...

These are both great...love the truck with all that Au Chocolat paper!

Ara said...

Oh those are so adorable! Lotsa circles!! Great cards!!

Sarah said...

Good job Lou. Love that giraffe! Sorry to hear about your trade show... location is everything, that isn't right that they didn't provide you with a good spot to have your table.