Thursday, March 22, 2007

Nothing new....

Thought I'd stop in & say hi but there's really nothing new going on! I'm getting ready for a trade fair on Saturday, for a Childcare Co-Op Convention & I'm having a Stampin' Up! booth at it - should be fun! I'm a little nervous since I've never done one & don't know what to expect, don't know how many people will be there etc! That night I have a craft n' chat at church, so it's my day out & Miles gets to play "Daddy Daycare"... a male-bonding day for them :)

The boys have been keeping me entertained, as always, and I guess I have a couple chuckles to share:
1) on two different days, involving two different kids, as I was getting them a bowl of cereal (Oat Squares to be exact) they said, "and make sure I get some blueberries" when I told them that there were NO blueberries in the box, they replied with, "oh well then I'll have the strawberries!"... there aren't any in the box - it's only in the picture!!! Awhile back, I gave Jackson some "Special K with Red Berries" that I had & I guess now he thinks there are berries in all boxes, if it's in the picture!

2) yesterday Liam was absolutely miserable, so I was more than happy to put him to bed for a NAP! I got his bottle ready & then changed his diaper & Ethan said, "there - maybe he'll have a better attitude now!" I asked "why" and he said, "because he has a new diaper!" So there you go... if you're grumpy - get a new diaper!

3) Ethan brought home a snowman that he made at school, out of one of those flavoured coffee creamer containers, and as he lovingly looked at it today, he said, "I'm going to keep this snowman as a reminder of all the good times I had this winter!" - there's a craft project for anyone needing something kid-friendly :)

4 comments:

Sarah said...

cute snowman Ethan!
It still looks like a wetcoast winter around here, but Spring has technically started. Oh well, I guess we can't expect green grass and pretty flowers if we don't get lots of rain first!

Louise said...

We've actually had a nice day here (+3 around noon) and there are several lawns that are actually grass now & not snow! Of course we're on the shaded side of the street, so we still have snow, but at least we can look across the street at spring :) Won't be much longer! I'm looking forward to a spring/summer wardrobe - enough winter blah!

Robyn Jones said...

The diaper thing works for me sometimes......???

Sandi said...

Kids say such funny things. Why do they taunt us with the berries on the box anyways??? I really liked Ethan's snowman. What a great recycling craft...I might just share that idea with the Girl Guides for their service project. It's snowing here in Williams Lake BC...when will we ever get Spring???