Not much is new but thought I'd post something! Ethan came home from school today and informed me that it was "almost zero" (I knew exactly where he was heading with this one!) He's been wanting to build a snowman forever now and I'm sorry but when it's -100 with a windchill of -200 I DON'T build snowmen! Mean mom I know :) So we'll see what happens! An update: we did go outside and our snow is complete powder - how do you explain that to a 5 year old? I took my gloves off and with the warmth of my hands, I was able to make a couple little snowballs! We took lots of pictures to cherish the moment :) Our prized snowman was about the size of the carrot, originally brought out to be the nose!
On Saturday night, we had our belated staff Christmas party. Went out for dinner & then had everyone back here afterwards. For dinner there were 20 of us in total! It was a fun evening... prime rib & greek chicken... no one was complaining :)
We are in for a busy week - Ethan has skating tonight, Miles has his indoor golf tourney tomorrow night (alternate Wednesdays), Thursday is a ladies exec meeting for me, Friday no school, Saturday a craft n' chat at the church and then Sunday - church, hockey and two birthday parties!!!! My little girl is also back, from two weeks in Hawaii, so I need to get into babysitting mode again too :)





4 comments:
That is the smallest little snowman I've ever seen. Pretty cute Ethan!
You'll have to tell me how your craft and chat goes.. we're doing one on Feb 2 - BYOC night. I like the name "craft and chat" better though.
Thanks for posting on my blog! I love meeting fellow bloggers, especially those who like Anne of Green Gables. I do know Maren! She is in my year at UVic and we used to both go to the youth group at GT before I started coming to the Sidney church.
It is funny to hear you talk about "almost zero". Out here, almost zero is COLD! We had two snows this winter, which is one more than usual, and I am ready for spring (-:
Your almost zero is much colder than ours b/c of the dampness! My hubby said he'd take -20 here (without wind of course!)over -8 there! Completely different climate :)
They look like they had fun:) I agree with Sarah that is the smallest and cutest snowman I have ever seen.
Post a Comment