WHY I LOVE SASKATCHEWAN
When it's winter time in Saskatchewan
And the gentle breezes blow,
About sixty miles an hour
And it's forty-five below.
You can tell you're in Saskatchewan
'Cause the snow's up to your butt,
And you take a breath of winter air
And your nostrils both freeze shut.
The weather here is wonderful,
So I guess I'll hang around,
I could NEVER leave Saskatchewan
My feet are frozen to the ground!
(author unknown)
Oh it's a cold, cold day today!!! I just want to ponder on the line that says, "and your nostrils both freeze shut" - unless you've actually experienced it - you have NO idea! I went to pick Ethan up from school at noon and talk about annoying (the nostril issue) and it was SO cold that my face was in pain and my kid is taking his sweet time... while I'm strongly urging him to HURRY up! Aaaahhh! Brrr! And I can't even say "I'm outta here to BC" because their weather is no better - why leave snow for snow?! Two days ago when I picked him up, I told him to be VERY careful because the sidewalk was pure ice. So we're tip toeing along ever so careful and I start slipping - reminded me of cartoons where the arms & legs are going in every which direction BUT I stayed on my feet. I told Ethan that I just about landed on my fat bum and he said, "ya, and you almost took out the fence!" HELLO! Nice kid or what?! I was no where near the fence and it's about 6 feet tall! Anyone want to plan a trip to Hawaii?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
We feel your pain, Lou! Bitter cold in Calgary - but not lots of snow, so that's a bonus! There's kids in our neighbourhood walking around with their jacket undone and nothing on their heads - crazy kids! haha - kind sound like my mom!
Philip Johnson once said, "I hate vacations. If you can build buildings, why sit on the beach?”
However...tickets for Hawaii are going for "only" $499/adult if you leave tomorrow and they're a dollar cheaper at the end of the month!
yes..I've been searching online...oohh! beaches, sun, sand in the toes! *heavy sigh* as she stares out at the canvas of white in her yard...hmmm canvas...I think I shall go paint on it...care to leave the dream of sun and join me?
I wish... but I just got home from Florida not even two months ago! Thanks for your research though :)
Come on now... it's not THAT COLD yet... I heard that it was -45 with a windchill there today. Wait until it's -40 before the wind blows. hee hee hee....
I was in Victoria on Tuesday BEFORE the storm. It was partly cloudy and about +8
Post a Comment