Saturday, January 20, 2007

My own puzzle



Some of you know that while we were in Florida, our new digital camera was ruined at Sea World, by none other than Shamu himself! Salt water and cameras really don't go well together and since we were only on day three of a three week vacation, we had no choice but to replace the camera. Just realizing now that it could probably be covered by our travel insurance, I started the insurance proceedings BUT... I had ripped and garbaged our itineraries etc. one or two days before. This greatly saddened me until I remembered that I still had that bag of garbage! So lucky me... got to dumpster dive through diapers, coffee grounds, more diapers - it was quite gross - and there at the bottom were the necessary pieces! After salvaging them, I got to PIECE THEM ALL TOGETHER while thinking how much I LOVE puzzles!!!! I managed to find enough joining pieces that I was able to salvage our flight itineraries and the name of the travel insurance company. All documents have been filled out and the camera receipts are all attached...here's to hoping that I get the $300 that they allow for cameras :)

One of the features that our camera has is to make a black and white picture and then bring out just one colour. In the above picture, I chose the colour orange and look how much there was right before my eyes! I thought it was kind of a cool picture - I took it one night while folding laundry on our trip! I figure if one has to fold laundry in Florida you might as well have some fun :) Our breakfast bowls were even orange!!!

7 comments:

Suzette said...

Cool picture Louise! It is fun trying new things with cameras.

Jerusha said...

fun with the diveing through grabeg but yeah where you for vacashen and how are the kids how is life what you up to and how is your husben and stuff will i shouled go to anuther blog my friend Goodbye Jerusha

KerrySchwen said...

Yuck the things we do :) What camera did you choose that allows you to do that? That's a cool feature! Great blog too Louise!
Kerry

Katie and Scott said...

Not Fun! But hopefully the $300 will make it worth it! Sorry our blog has been "lacking" we'll try and write more often : )

Rachel H. said...

Hi Lou - first of all, like the new look on the blog. Secondly I REALLY hope the insurance thing works out. I feel totally lost when I don't have my camera. And THIRDLY, YES! you are one of the 'out-of-province' friends I was referring to when I said "Please come/move back!" Can't wait to see you at Easter, I miss you!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say I like the new look.

"I like the new look."

Mission accomplished.

Louise said...

Thanks - I wasn't happy with the colour combos before! I'm more of a green person but orange is a new fave so this will work for awhile :)