Wednesday, January 31, 2007

More Polka Dot & Paisley....


Today I played around with the Polka Dot & Paisley set. I altered my original black and white card (see Happy Birthday - Jan 9th) and added RED... don't think I like it as much as the B/W one but it's still ok - a bit of a different look! It's exactly the same card but RED! I like the elegance of the black & white! I have seen some great cards on other sites though, using many different colours! Variety & Imagination are what stamping is all about! Be creative :)


Then I used the BIG DEAL alphabet set to spell "birthday" because it is the same "font" as the lettering in this set. I stamped, embossed & cut out the little flower(s), wondering how I was going to mount something so small, but then remembered that I have a "XYRON create-a-sticker" - a little machine you can slide it through & then peel off the backing! Worked great :) I'm kinda sad that there wasn't a ribbon opportunity on this card but I think it would've been too much & where would it go??? Everything on this card is stamped with versamark or craft (pigment) ink and then embossed with crystal clear embossing poweder.

It's so cold outside... and inside for that matter! Miles is picking up Chinese food for supper so that will be a treat :) For a little while anyways...

2 comments:

Jannelle said...

Hey, I LOVE both of these cards--very creative use of layout. I liked the b & w one as well, but I also like it in red. It's a bit more festive. I really like the orange card--I'm gonna order that set and the paper asap. I might have to keep both ideas on file!

Louise said...

I believe that (as of March 1st) if you order the set, the paper & the roller wheel - you can get any other item in the Spring Mini Catty for 50% off. More details to follow! Sales are always fun :)