Friday, March 2, 2007

Winter Wonderland

In the last few days, we have got a ton more snow! It looks pretty but sure isn't fun to get around in! M&J and Koy came here Tuesday night & were staying over on their way to a bull sale the next day... due to weather conditions & highways being closed, they also came back and stayed Wednesday night and Thursday night! They have ventured home now on Friday morning but left their beloved semi behind until the road conditions improve (a new purchase on this trip)! This is the view outside my house:

The "new" semi that will be a grain truck for the farm... it proudly displays it's "CLASS OF '86" logo at the front! A great conversation starter anyways! What were you doing in 1986? (click to enlarge)

Ethan sitting in the cab - "wow this is nice! it's comfortable! you could even sleep in it!"



My turn in the truck... "WHICH SWITCH TURNS THE LIGHTS OFF!!??!!??" When they decided that they were staying put for another day, I got to go turn the truck off, since it had been warming up for a bit! That task went well but then I realized there were lights on & didn't want to kill the battery! Mission eventually accomplished (with directions)! I'll stick to smaller vehicles...

5 comments:

Grammie said...

Well it was -6 yesterday am when we
got up and it is snowing today.
Love the picture of Ethan.

Sarah said...

1986 - I was turning 10. Expo '86 started on my birthday in fact. Grade 5 - not necessarily my favourite year, actually. But I think it's the year I got in the paper with my quadruplet goat kids.

Well, you asked what I was doing in 1986... that's all I can remember.

Island Girl said...

Hi Louise! Love the semi! I saw your comment on my blog and I am indeed amazed at what a small world it is. My other link, Amelia, as you might know is the Guedes girl's cousin. Daughter of Trav's sister.

As for '86, I was only two. I believe my family moved to Salt Spring that year and suffered through a terrible winter of no power, storms, and sickness. I'm glad I don't remember (-:

Louise said...

Expo '86!!! Mom was doing lotsa Bed & Breakfast then & it was fun to meet new people from all over! I think I was in grade 8?

Grammie said...

Sars...I still have the newspaper
clipping..."A goat time had by all"