Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Birthday cards

Between February 18th and March 12th, I have three nephews and a niece with birthdays! So with the chance of seeing the cards before they get to their respective homes, I'm going to post them anyways! I'm hoping to also decorate some large baby formula cans in the near future to use as "gift boxes" for some upcoming baby showers I'll be attending etc. (similar idea to my blog candy tin - empty, non-used paint cans are probably best but.... the formula cans are leftovers - reduce, re-use, recycle!?)


This card was inspired by the orange & red floral ribbon but this time I didn't actually use the ribbon on the card! I used the colours and the flowers! I embossed the flowers with white craft ink and crystal clear embossing powder & then sponged Real Red onto the entire glossy cardstock - then wipe off extra. Inspirations can come from anywhere, so be sure to look around...


This one is for my nephew who turned three yesterday. I like using this cake stamp for three year olds because of the candles! I started out with Garden Green cardstock and decided to also use Pumpkin Pie... those two colours go fine together but "needed" something else, so I logged onto the Colour Combo search to see what would go with it (I then added Buckaroo Blue and Not Quite Navy). Also - I was at a complete loss for a layout idea but remembered that Amy had a sketch layout on Sunday that would work with my ideas, so I gave it a try!

This one's probably my fave of the bunch! The colours are all inspired by the "At Home" scrappin' kit... Sahara Sand, Buckaroo Blue, Chocolate Chip & Cranberry Crisp. The little star brads (Michael's) work great with this Cowboy Kid! I made two of these cards - one for each side of the family!



2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh yay!! 2 of those cards are on their way to my house! I can't wait!! Great job, Lou!

S

Suzette said...

Beautiful cards Louise! I also love the flowers Miles gave you! They were so pretty!! Hope you are all feeling better.