I don't even know what to call this post... it's about my whacko weekend! As I mentioned in my last post, I had two ladies events at church this weekend. Friday night I went to the church to help set-up for the Saturday breakfast - all went well and we were in and out in no time! The youth even set up the tables and chairs for us (bonus!) Then, after I'm home for about an hour (11PM), Miles informed me that he had to go into the office the next morning at 11AM. Thanks! Now what am I supposed to do with the kids?! You don't phone people at 11PM and I had to be back at the church at 9AM... aaahhh! So out of desperation, I made a couple phone calls at 8:30AM to a couple families with young teenage girls - thought that maybe one of them could come to the church and watch the boys upstairs in the kiddie rooms? One girl I called was sick in bed and the other.... well there was a new turn of events before they could get back to me! E&J were ready to go and I was just putting Liam's coat and shoes on... he puked all over him, all over me, all over the floor - you get the picture! So I basically said forget it - I'm not going anywhere! It's one thing to leave a sick kid at home with their dad BUT you don't take them out on purpose to make other people sick!
Now the good part about the weekend was that our friends, Ponn & Yliza & their little baby girl, were coming for a visit. I called them Saturday morning and was able to catch them before they left, to warn them "sick kid alert" but they chose to take the risk! Yliza & I were able to go out for some "retail therapy" for a couple hours on Saturday afternoon so that was nice - nothing major (scrapbook store, Home Sense & Booster Juice) but a girls outing is always welcomed! Liam remained mellow and only consumed "pedialyte"...
On Sunday, just Yliza, Ethan, Jackson & I went to church - all went well again and our special speaker and family have some great musical talent :) The guys ventered out later, to take Ethan to hockey. Yliza asked Ethan which position he likes best & he said defense - I was sure he liked centre best, so I questioned, "DEFENSE?" and he said, "yeah, I like being behind the fence" so then I asked, "you like sitting on the bench?" and he said, "yeah but I like skating too!?" I think his reasoning behind that is that once he rotates from every position, he's ready for a break and looks forward to the momentary time-out! Too funny!!! Liam still remained mellow, without an ounce of energy, until bedtime and then he cried and cried and cried and cried.... poor little guy! Let's just say I don't think I slept AT ALL last night!
That brings us to today... HAPPY FIRST OFFICIAL FAMILY DAY in Saskatchewan :) I can't wait to see what "festivities" are in store for today! I now wait anxiously and anticipate who will get sick next!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Oh dear..... so sorry your poor family has been suffering in the health department. I hope things improve soon. Sarah and Steve were at GT last night but I didn't get a chance to talk to them after as I was cleaning up stage stuff etc.
Hi Lou - wow, what a crazy weekend. Sorry to hear everyone is sick, that can't be fun for the little guy! Glad to hear that SK is celebrating Family Day too. I though we were special in AB - but I'm willing to share the holiday!
We had mellow weekend - had Katie's folks over for dinner on Sunday & I got called out to work on Saturday evening 5pm until 5am Sunday morning...so that mellows things pretty quickly! Enjoy your holiday!
Hey there! Both of you left comments while I was still "editing"!
Post a Comment