
ETHAN'S FIRST TROPHY! He's very pleased with it & it was promptly placed on a bedroom shelf!

GETTING HIS TROPHY - he almost got missed because they had done the "paperwork" at the first game when he was absent! EVERY child in the tournament got a trophy!
CENTRE ICE (BESIDE THE ADULT) This position and goal I think are his favorite?! They rotate every few minutes....
We had a great weekend...(well parts of it anyways) Friday night we did a grocery shop at COSTCO, had a bite to eat and then looked at the best show home we've ever seen (no we aren't going to buy it - we want a couple acres). Then I think we brought the kiddies home to bed & I went to Wal-Mart! That is one of my fave things to do... late night Wal-Mart! Less shoppers, no kids... much more peaceful than say SATURDAY! Saturday was a mellow day (no Wal-Mart!!!) but we went to MOXIE'S for supper, since it was a friend's birthday... four couples, no kids! Haven't done that in a long time. Nate (birthday boy) & Mel are expecting baby #2 anytime so they wanted one last adult "hurrah" before then! Shortly after we got home, I checked on the kids only to find Ethan puking everywhere... he didn't just get sick in his bed, he leaned over the top bunk and got the floor, the table, a chair, part of Jackson's bed (who wants the bottom bunk now?! No worries, Jack slept through it all!)... yeah that was NOT the weekend highlight! He was supposed to be in a little tournament on Sunday, so I called his coach at 9:30pm and said "don't count on us tomorrow!" We had also planned a Super Bowl party, so thought that that was probably "off" too. At 11am on Sunday morning, Miles said that Ethan wanted to go to his game, so they did! He had eaten breakfast (it stayed down) and was bouncing around the house so why not?! This is the only tournament that the FUN LEAGUE does & the kids get little trophies, so Ethan was quite thrilled with that! "I'm going to put it in my room!" Sunday night we had four other couples over (same friends as Saturday night plus 1 couple) and I think there was a total of about 14 kids running around! Quite the houseful :) The guys "parked" in front of the tv to watch the game & also had some cards going... the gals visited in the living room and chatted about everything under the sun & the kids were basically everywhere! So yep - we've been blessed with some great friends!





4 comments:
Sounds like a great weekend! When I was a kid, we always looked forward to the Esso Development Hockey Weekend - where we each got a trophy. Great memories and I'm sure a trophy or two made its way to my room too - good work, Ethan!
ps: way to plan ahead with Wal-Mart : )
Yep - with three boys also, I'm sure I get to look forward to what your parents went through in the hockey dept :)
Wow! I hadn't seen all this before we chatted. Peyton also got his first trophy on Sat. and was pleased as punch with it! So, poor Jack--I can relate to Ethan though, when I was nine I was at a sleepover and was on the top bunk--same scenario--NOT INVITED BACK! I got the girl beneath me and she did NOT sleep through it!
Love Jack's pics--Wyatt's are getting there, too, and he loves puzzles right now. They'll have a blast together this weekend!
Can't wait to see you guys! I didn't go into great detail on the phone cuz I knew you'd read it - plus you had to tend to kiddies! See you in a few more sleeps :)
Post a Comment